As an employee of NASSCO, you are among the company’s most influential brand ambassadors. Along with the company’s products and services, you represent the NASSCO brand on a daily basis when you interact with fellow employees, customers, potential customers, and contractors. All NASSCO employees play an important role in managing and protecting the NASSCO brand.
This is true in your social media communications as well. Social media can be a fun and rewarding way to share your life and opinions with family, friends, and coworkers. However, the use of social media also presents certain risks and carries with it certain responsibilities.
Below are several guidelines regarding social media engagement as an employee of NASSCO:
• The same rules that are found in NASSCO’s policies apply to your online activities. All employees must abide by the company’s policies prohibiting harassment, discrimination, and retaliation.
• Avoid posts that might constitute harassment, bullying, or abusive conduct.
• Maintain the confidentiality of NASSCO’s trade secrets and proprietary business information. Do not disclose NASSCO trade secrets and proprietary information in your social media posts. This information should never be made available to people outside the company.
• Respect all copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws.
• Be fair and courteous to customers, contractors, suppliers, visitors, and people who do business with NASSCO.
• Online posts should never include statements, photographs, videos or audio clips that are violent, obscene, threatening or intimidating to other employees, customers, contractors, suppliers, visitors, or the public.
• Refrain from posting personal communications during paid working hours.
These guidelines should help you make responsible decisions about your use of social media. If you have any questions about the use of social media as a NASSCO employee, please contact email@example.com