Each year, NASSCO awards two scholarships to the dependent children of active hourly and salaried NASSCO employees. The 2019 scholarship recipients are eligible to receive $2,000 per school year. Each scholarship is renewable for three consecutive years and capped at $8,000 per recipient.
- Scholarships are initially awarded to young adults under the legal guardianship of active hourly and salaried NASSCO employees with at least 90 days of active service.
- Family members of NASSCO employees who are director level or above are not eligible for these scholarships.
- Applicants must be a high school senior or undergraduate student enrolled in a two- or four-year college. Qualified applicants must not be older than 24 years of age on May 1, 2019.
How It Works
- The names and identifying data of applicants are concealed during the selection process.
- Scholarships are awarded on the consideration of academic achievement; leadership activities in school and within the community; letter(s) of recommendation; work/volunteer experience; the applicant’s personal statement and letter of recommendation.
- The scholarship may only be applied to schools that are state accredited.
- The scholarship is applicable to tuition, textbooks, lab fees and equipment required for the course of study.
- Recipients may not use this award for room or board expenses.
- The scholarship award will be paid directly to the schools Registrar Office/Bursars Office for further disbursement towards the recipients fees outlined above.
- Recipients must pursue a full-time program (minimum 9 units per quarter or 12 units per semester) to remain eligible to receive the award.
- Recipients must maintain passing grades (a 2.5 grade point average or better) and provide a full-year transcript each summer to continue on the scholarship.
- The sponsoring employee must be in active employment status at the time of the recipients annual renewal(s).
How to Apply
To apply for a scholarship, complete the 2018 Scholarship Application Form. Click here to download the 2019 Scholarship Application Form. The form is also available outside the Staffing Office in Building 1 and with Katie Nieri in Communications.
Submit the form with all required attachments to Katie Nieri in the Communications Department, Building 1, Mail Stop 21PA or to the Staffing Office in Building 1, no later than April 12, 2019. Call 619-544-3560 for more details.