All independent trucker’s entering NASSCO must identify as the Primer Carrier they represent. Drivers must carry a Bill of Lading to be signed as Proof of Delivery.
Documents and ID requirements
- Driver’s License
- If not U.S. Citizen:
- Green Card
- Bill of Lading
NASSCO Delivery Locations
Gate 2 – 2798 Harbor Dr. San Diego CA 92113
Gate 14 – 2275 E. Belt St. San Diego CA 92113
Otay Warehouse – 8511 Kerns St. San Diego, CA 92154
City of San Diego Approved Truck Route
NASSCO Vendor Safety
NASSCO Yard Map
Requirements for all deliveries to all NASSCO locations:
- Speed Limit 5 mph max inside the shipyard and at the 15W Otay Mesa warehouse marshalling yard.
- If you have a load requiring crane support, you must inform NASSCO Logistics team in advance of delivery.
- Vehicle movement inside the yard is prohibited during shift changes (Hours 3:00 PM – 3:10 PM) and (Hours 12:30 AM – 12:40 AM).
- Non-US persons requesting access to NASSCO facilities must identify themselves to the security guard at the gate and must remain under escort while inside NASSCO facilities.
- Drivers should not exit their vehicle, except to unlatch or unbind vehicle straps. NASSCO requires a hard hat, protective glasses, closed toe shoes, shirts with sleeves, and pants be worn while inside the shipyard.
- No pets, friends or family members are allowed in the vehicle when entering the shipyard.
- Be cautious of several moving/fixed obstacles in NASSCO shipyard, including bicycles, forklifts, mobile cranes, carts, and mooring bollards along the pier, etc.
- Forklifts and cranes have right of way.
- Do not park on crane tracks or no park zone.
- Never drive under a suspended crane load or raised forklift. You must vacate your truck if a crane load will pass over your cab.
All truckers entering the shipyard must wear a facemask. Additional instructions at: NASSCO COVID-19 Guidance to Suppliers