BLOCK 1-DATA ITEM NO.: A027
BLOCK 2-DATA ITEM TITLE: CALCULATIONS AND STRESS DIAGRAMS
(See Attachment 1 to Data Item No. A027)
This document is also available in word format. Click here to access it.
BLOCK 3-DATA DESCRIPTION:
- Calculations and their revisions shall include examples, computer printouts, and worksheets, if used. Additional calculations required supporting the design not identified on Attachment 1 to Data Item No. A027 shall be provided in accordance with this Contract Data Requirement List.
- Engineering Design Calculations and diagrams shall be numbered. Each calculation shall reference applicable drawings by drawing number, drawing revision, and title.
- Calculations shall allow a reviewer to follow each step without difficulty.
- Calculations including stress diagrams shall prove that the subject has been designed in accordance with the requirements of the contract. These calculations shall reflect design configuration. All symbols and abbreviations shall be identified and any diagrams, with their associated components, clearly labeled. Calculations shall include the following, where applicable:
- Assumptions used shall be stated and all references identified.
- A listing of system and equipment requirements.
- Applicable sections and Regulatory Body requirements.
- Calculation methodology or calculation methodology identification.
- A summary of calculation results, conclusions, recommendations and actual system, equipment or component sizes incorporated.
- Design load, working load, test load, assumptions as to manner of loading, such as live, dead, and alternating; assumed friction, materials (including specification section number), maximum stresses in each part such as compressive, tensile, shearing, and torsional developed by the load, and the factor of safety in each part.
- Information regarding characteristics under dynamic loading, where applicable, including natural frequencies of vibration, impact, ship motions, and other pertinent data.
- Summary loads shall include utilization factors and connected loads.
- Environmental considerations including temperature and motions.
- Unique requirements shall be as identified on Attachment 1 to Data Item No. A027.
- If calculations are performed on a computer program, include a description of the program, input variables, and program assumptions. Explanation of how the computer printout results are used in the design shall be provided which identify a clear and traceable path of the analysis.
- All calculations prepared to support the ship shall be delivered in accordance with this Contract Data Requirements List.
BLOCK 4-REVIEW REQ.:
Allow 45 days for Government review and comment unless otherwise specified on Attachment 1 to Data Item No. A027.
BLOCK 5-SUBMITTAL SCHEDULE:
Calculations and their revisions shall be submitted concurrently with the drawings they support and their revisions IAW the Schedule(s), Data Item No. A001, and its revisions, and as specified on Attachment 1 to Data Item No. A027. R/ASR 20 DARC unless otherwise specified on Attachment 1 to Data Item No. A027. Revisions shall incorporate resolution of Government comments.
Reference: DRL A027 31 January 2002