PUBLISHED: April 23, 2020
Today, NASSCO was informed that an employee has tested presumptively positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19). This employee last worked on April 16, 2020 in SOC 5, 2nd shift. After contact tracing and investigation was completed, there were no individuals in close contact with this employee.
Please remember the importance of social distancing (even during breaks and meal periods), wearing your face coverings and frequently washing your hands. By following these protocols and all safety measures, we are continuing to minimize the potential spread of the virus. We are thankful for the dedication our employees and guests are demonstrating in following these steps and working safely every day.
Additionally, several cities have started to mandate the use of face coverings in public. Chula Vista and National City are among the first to implement. We encourage you to wear your face coverings at all times, and be sure to clean them regularly.
Your safety is our utmost priority. We continue to make every effort possible to minimize the spread of the virus and have adopted a number of safety measures, including:
- Enhanced screening efforts at the gates, and randomly in the yard
- Routinely cleaning and disinfecting all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace
- Implementing flexible worksites or work hours for certain employees (e.g., telework, staggered shifts) which has significantly decreased the number of people on-site
- Promoting the importance for social distancing
- Utilizing disinfection products that meet the EPA’s criteria for use against COVID-19
Please see our latest updates here: www.NASSCO.com. NASSCO employees can text “NASSCO” to 877-789-8398 for updates via SMS.