General Dynamics NASSCO has been closely monitoring the events related to the novel coronavirus, which was initially detected in Wuhan, China. While the virus has mostly impacted those residing in China, countries and airlines have been taking precautions to prevent it from spreading.
Person-to-person transmission of the virus is thought to occur and spreads in the same manner as influenza and other common respiratory pathogens, including coughing, sneezing, and touching your mouth, nose or eyes after contact with a surface contaminated with the virus. For more information about symptoms and technical guidance, please visit the World Health Organization’s website.
The U.S. Department of State issued a warning recommending that American citizens do not travel to mainland China. In some impacted regions, there are travel restrictions in place and some airlines have suspended flights to and from China.
We are continually assessing the Center for Disease Control’s actions and guidance and will continue to monitor the situation.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
For more information and updates about the novel coronavirus, visit: